Final Essay: Open Narratives in Video Games and Why We Play Them

For my final essay, I chose to look at video games. I wanted to be specific in the area of video games I chose, so I selected to analyze and argue about game narratives and why we play them. When I was about halfway through my paper, I noticed I was arguing two points. One being the existence of narratives in video games, while the other was that we play games to have control over something. I ended up incorporating the two as one large point which actually helped argue the two points.

My essay, titled Open Narratives in Video Games and Why We Play Them explores these two topics by looking at what philosophers of games studies say, and discussing such things as our psychological needs to help show my thesis.

-Robert Hager

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifth Blog Post: Group Response to Games

Final Essay: Virtual Reality Training-Connor Kobal

A Pug's Life